August 19, 2012

Graham Break Aways


I'm back to blogging.  I haven't been blogging for a few reasons, but I'm not going to bore you with excuses.  I will tell you about the main reason.  I've been discouraged with the photo taking part of blogging.  I got some new lights for picture taking.  I thought they would cure all my issues, but sadly they haven't.  It seems to be a trial and error process.  One day (soon), I hope to take pictures easily and correctly.

Now, on to the food!  Graham Break Aways are amazing!  They taste like a candy bar. I haven't been able to put my finger on which one, so if you figure it out please let me know.  They are sweet, buttery, crunchy, and decadant.  Lick The Bowl Good recommends using different ingredient combinations for the recipe.  You could use cinnamon graham crackers, dark chocolate, walnuts, peanuts, or dried fruit!  Make them any way you want, just make them soon.  Don't miss out on this tasty, easy treat!


Graham Break Aways

12 graham crackers, broken crosswise in half (24 squares)
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
3/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven do 350 degrees.  Line a 15x10x1 cookie sheet with foil (makes for much easier clean up).  Arrange the graham crackers in a single layer.

Place the butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan.  Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for two minutes.  Pour mixture over grahams.  Immediately spread the mixture to cover all the graham crackers.  Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.  

Once the sugar mixture is bubbly, remove from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.  Return grahams to the oven and bake for an additional 1 to 2 minutes until chocolate melts.  

With the back of of a spoon or offset spatula, spread chocolate evenly over caramelly mixture.  

Sprinkle with chopped pecans.  Carefully press the nuts into the chocolate so the stick, but be careful because it's HOT!

Cool completely.  Break in 24 squares.

Hat Tip - Lick The Bowl Good

No comments:

Post a Comment