March 22, 2011

My Favorite Nut


Pecans are my favorite nut!  I wonder if it is because I'm from the South . . .  

I do know the flavor of pecans is so yummy!  Surprisingly, pecans can get better with the addition of sugar and spices.  I've made these spiced pecans numerous times.  I first made them last year for a little post-holiday party.  They were a huge hit with me (oh, and the guests, haha).  I recently made them again for a neighborhood get together.  I was so excited to have an excuse to make them again!  :-)  The leftovers didn't last long.  

Spiced Pecans

1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon water
3 cups pecan halves
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I used 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, I'm not a huge fan).

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. 

In a small bowl, beat the egg white with the water.  Stir in pecans, mixing until well moistened.  

In a small bowl, mix together sugar, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.  Sprinkle over moistened nuts.  Spread nuts onto prepared pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring once or twice.  Be careful not to overcook and burn the nuts.  

Hat Tip - allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment